Friday, May 30, 2008

Walk Like an Egyptian

Been wanting to do this for a while now. Came across a painting of Ptolemy by Luca Giordano about four months back in a book of Copernicus art where he's in the exact same pose wearing the same clothing. But I thought it would be considerably improved if it was Copernicus instead. Will probably finish it at one point - just not any time soon. Maybe when I'm in Europe! The original is holding some type of round armillary - wish I knew my historical astronomical instruments better... And seriously need to work on foreshortening faces, etc. The guy below is also a Giordano and if he were younger, beardless, sandy blond, and freckled, he would be Rheticus to a 't'. Especially in the hair. *swoon*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOMG I LOVE this. His FACE and his HANDS and his HAIR and his CLOTHES.

And of course the smiling ball of DOOM.

brillianttt!