Gawd, work went an extra two hours today so the last thing I wanted to do when I got home was more homework for those rotten courses. Gah.
So! Sketchdump instead! Lots and lost of early 16th century goodness. I've been sucking at art a bit lately so these are the very best that I've managed to squeeze out over the last month or so. Really want to start drawing from references more often but still keep things slightly... cartoonish because I feel a lot more character comes out. Of course, nearly all of it will be of Copernicus just because I'm incapable of drawing (or thinking about) anything else at the moment.

Just did this tonight and you REALLY need to full-view it to get the maximum scowl effect. Will likely be part of a larger drawing I'll do in the same style of a negotiation scene between Copernicus and the leader of the Teutonic Knights during the siege of Allenstein.
_______
So! Sketchdump instead! Lots and lost of early 16th century goodness. I've been sucking at art a bit lately so these are the very best that I've managed to squeeze out over the last month or so. Really want to start drawing from references more often but still keep things slightly... cartoonish because I feel a lot more character comes out. Of course, nearly all of it will be of Copernicus just because I'm incapable of drawing (or thinking about) anything else at the moment.

Just did this tonight and you REALLY need to full-view it to get the maximum scowl effect. Will likely be part of a larger drawing I'll do in the same style of a negotiation scene between Copernicus and the leader of the Teutonic Knights during the siege of Allenstein.
_______
'Erasmus' looking pissed. I drew this in the margins of my Renaissance History readings next to Luther's response to Erasmus' defamation of his ideas. Har har, Luther, that's what you get. Erasmus was one of the most wonderfully cynical men..._______________

I actually really like this one. Was trying to figure out how to draw those awesome 2-D Disney eyeballs and this came out. More Copernicus from the 'animated film' character design I've got swirling around in my head. There's this great scene in there of him being dragged down to the armoury by his Uncle Lucas during the siege of Allenstein and rather roughly fitted out with some armour amid his own protestations that he's a scholar, not a soldier. All highly incorrect of course because Uncle Lucas was most certainly NOT around at that point.
_______________



1 comment:
MISSUS NIC! I've fallen so far behind *selfwhack* I am definitely going to catch up here, including the last entry I apparently missed too. *fail*
OKAY this made me LE HAPPY. The Coppeh obsession is hilarious and PWNSOME and I love it haha.
AND YOU HAVE TO DRAW DISNEY-STYLE COPPEH MORE OFTEN HE PWNS THE WORLDDDD.
I think it would be a really awesome animated movie, similar to "HoND", yes? I can totally see it. Plus Coppeh's flaming fireballs of DOOM. lol
Post a Comment