So! Le drawings. In order of completion. For the full-body stuff I used thumbnails which I'm going to start doing a LOT more since it's really effective - just so if you're going to suck when you're drawing the pose, you can at least suck on a smaller scale and be good at the bigger one. I haven't used them that much before but then I've rarely drawn full-length people. The first here is Copernicus and was spawned by some LOLZ I was having earlier today when working on an early 16th century gown - when I tried to walk around wearing it, I had to keep it hitched up really high otherwise there would be trippage and ownage and likely broken noses. Given its length, I then wondered what it must have been like wearing something like this outside in the mud. And hence the drawing. It's hard looking dignified with legs like that! XD If I were to change anything, I'd change the hem on the front of his gown just so it would curve upwards over his leg, since there isn't supposed to be an opening there. Might colour it later on and dA it...

Next there was just a few terrible faces I tried drawing - my brain is getting sick of drawing faces which is why I can't, I suppose. And damned three-quarters view! That's probably the hardest to draw yet I always seem to do it the most! I want to learn some foreshortening etc. skillz just so I can change things up a bit. At least the girl turned out okay - was trying to draw Anna Schilling and it turned out looking more like Meg from Hercules. I still have NO clue what I'm going to do with Anna's hair design - need to look at some historical references to see how ladies did their hair back then. And the really freaky looking dude is supposed to be Rheticus, Copernicus' student, and I have NO clue how any part of him is supposed to look. Blah.

So I was on the verge of giving up and watching the hockey game but I decided to have one more go and I wanted to do one of Septimus. Did the thumbnail and sketched the initial really lightly just trying to concentrate on the main lines of the figure so I could figure out proportions and get a sense of movement (ha). And yeah, this was one of those freaky drawings that just seems to... happen. You kind of go into a trance and everything else disappears and you draw and draw and draw and don't stop to think. Freakeh. So I'm really pleased with this, even though he's got boots like Disco Stu. Wish his face had turned out a little more like Septimus but I'm not going to complain for now. Eeesh, the preview looks terrible.

2 comments:
YAY you finally posted something! xD
Coppy in a dress = LAWLZ. He's got a perfect expression and it's just fantastic. I agree about the hem of the dress, too.
So random. hehe
Yes, 3/4 view is a toughie. I thought I was doing it good for a while, but then on reflection I was like WHUTthisisshite.
Hope you don't mind me saying so, but Anna doesn't look very feminine to me... unless she isn't supposed to lol. Usually with the ladehs its good to emphasize the eyes and mouth and de-emphasize the nose. And make everything veryyy curvy. But then, you pretty much draw guys all time, so no biggy.
And ole Seppeh's looking pretty dashing there! He's got a neat pose 8D
Those boots are COOL. hehe
Okay, so I saw your Coppeh commish yesterday when I was cleaning out files on the computer and I was like OHNOES. Cuz I want to do a new one that's better. At some point.
HAHA A LAWLLL its Teh Rockzorz not Rockorz lolnEWBL2SPEAKL3ET From teh GaryYarylawl watch4teh Windfurys
Post a Comment