Anyways, art, which is our main purpose here. I've been drawing Septimus from Stardust like mad after watching it three days ago. Did this first bunch last night after Christmas dinner and I'm actually quite happy with them. I would have preferred them to look a bit more like him but they're okay for a first shot at it.
The one on the left is wishful thinking on my part - pity Septimus didn't end up as King. But here's the hypothetical situation if he did, though that crown looks retarded. The bottom right one is actually going to be part of a larger drawing I've got in mind with both Yvaine and Tristan as well as Septimus. If I ever get around to finishing it. And the top right is just random - he looks like one of the Monty Python dudes there for some reason. I really need to practise drawing the entire body, rather than just the head and shoulders - that will likely be a New Year's resolution.And one more with really funky eyes that need to be fixed. This was drawn today in the car. I'll definitely be working more on hair as well, though this is better than yesterday's attempts.

The scan jobs are pretty terrible for some reason. Normally I don't have problems with the one I used tonight. Something's afoot...

1 comment:
WOOT! We are in business, my friend!
Sketches are looking GOOD! Your dude is very nicely proportioned! Much improvement taking place, methinks.
Hopefully this whole blogging thing will help us out a bit, artwise.
I totally agree: Blogger > LJ.
Post a Comment